AlfaMall- Terms & Conditions
AlfaMall is BAFL's platform for merchants and customers, a first of its kind by any financial institution in Pakistan. Alfa our mobile platform has always been the pivot on which BAFL has been building it's innovations such as Manage savings, Tracking expenses, Pay bills and other banking services. Following on these successes, AlfaMall is our latest solution that enables BAFL’s Customers to use their accounts, wallets, Credit cards or Orbit Points to securely get thousands of products/services with the quality of service of BAFL.
BAFL’s role is limited to payment settlement as Agent between the Customers and Merchants, however BAFL does not warrant or guarantee for quality of the product, since the product is the ownership of the respective Merchant on the Platforms. Quantity, specification of the product offers in the AlfaMall and disclaim any liability, obligations whatsoever in nature in this regard, so customer needs to read guidelines carefully.
User Privacy Guidelines
When you visit this platform, BAFL may collect personal data about user, either directly (where you are asked to provide the data) or indirectly. BAFL will, however, only use such personal data for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement and BAFL is committed to safeguard such personal data. This statement sets out the purposes of BAFL’s data processing in respect of this platform.
BAFL may gather and analyze information regarding usage of this platform, including domain name, the number of hits, the pages visited, previous/subsequent sites visited and length of user session.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
BAFL collects and processes information of its customers, visitors and surfers to its platform to conduct its business, to inform and make available products and services offered by BAFL that may be of interest to you and for the development of web statistics. The information provided by you can be used to contact you when necessary, e.g. to notify you about functionality changes to the platform and to offer services that you may find helpful (provided you have not opted out of receiving such services). We may also use information collected through our web site for research regarding the effectiveness of the platform and the marketing, advertising and sales efforts of BAFL and its Partner/ Associates/ subsidiary Companies.
RECOMMENDATIONS & PROMOTIONS
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. In the case of loyalty scheme members, we’ll also offer you relevant rewards. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. When you use BAFL platform(s), you'll see that BAFL offers user recommendations, showing products BAFL thinks user might like and could perhaps miss when user is browsing the BAFL platform. We also notify user of offers and promotions which might be of interest to user.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account & other BAFL financial instruments to get products and services, or redeem vouchers online.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you get a product or service by phone/mobile device.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you download or install one of our apps.
- When you join our Alfa loyalty program.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any forms or surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about our partner who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
When user has given a third party permission to share with BAFL platform the information they hold about user.
If user has a web account with BAFL platform: then user name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number is available for BAFL. For user security, BAFL will also keep an encrypted record of user login password and OTP generated during payment transaction.
Copies of documents user provides to prove user age or identity where the law requires this (including user passport and driver's license). This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If user provides a passport, the data will also include user place of birth, gender and nationality, along with the following:
- Details of your preferences.
- Details of your visits to our websites or apps, and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
To deliver the best possible online experience, BAFL may collect technical information about user internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where user computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered. User social media username, if user interact with us through Social Media channels, to help BAFL respond to user comments, questions or feedback with respect to the BAFL Platform
BAFL does not seek to collect sensitive personal information (such as information revealing political opinions, religious beliefs, health or other matters) through its Platform. If BAFL does seek to collect such data, user prior consent thereto will be sought. Please note that, by providing BAFL with unsolicited sensitive personal information user consent to platform using such personal information as described hereinabove.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
BAFL platform may disclose information that it has collected from customers, visitors and surfers to affiliates, independent contractors and business partners who may use the information for the purposes outlined above. BAFL platform may also disclose aggregate, individual or anonymous data, based on information collected from customers, visitors and surfers, to investors and potential partners or if required under the law. Finally, BAFL platform may transfer information collected in connection with a sale of BAFL Platform product and/or services.
MAINTENANCE OF INFORMATION
Information about customers, visitors and surfers is maintained on BAFL systems is protected using industry standard security measures. However, BAFL platform cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from BAFL systems will be completely secure.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not extend to third party websites linked to BAFL platform.
BAFL reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement or any part thereof at any time and from time to time. Please check this statement from time to time for any changes.
BAFL may share personal information with BAFL’s other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
BAFL may disclose user personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for BAFL to provide user access to BAFL Services, to comply with BAFL legal obligations, to enforce BAFL User Agreement, to facilitate BAFL marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to BAFL Services. BAFL will not disclose user personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without user explicit consent.
BAFL may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process. BAFL may disclose personal information to law enforcement offices, third party rights owners, or others in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce BAFL Terms or Privacy Guidelines; respond to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the rights of a third party; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the general public.
User will be required to enter a valid phone number, email and Local Address while placing an order on the Platform. By registering user phone number, email and address with us, User consent to be contacted by BAFL via phone calls, SMS notifications, mobile applications and/or any other electronic mode of communication in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates.
The customer (“user”) will usually get their items in 3-5 business days for non-bulky items, and 5 to 10 business days for bulky items after the order has been confirmed. After user payment is authorized, it can take up to 2 days for AlfaMall’s merchant to process user order and ship it. AlfaMall’s Merchants do not ship to P.O Boxes. Delivery can take longer in remote areas in Pakistan or due to force majeure event.
Based on the product/item size and/or weight, certain items may incur a shipping charge. Any additional charges will be added to the final cart before your checkout. If order is dispatched and then returned, Shipping charges are non-refundable. In case of partial delivery the shipping charges incurred are non-refundable as well.
If the merchandise/item/product as user has selected is currently not in stock, AlfaMall’s Merchant will provide the user an expected shipping time at checkout or by a follow-up email or may refund the amount.
If multiple merchandise/item/product/services ordered by user via AlfaMall, which may be fulfilled from various locations, so items may arrive separately and on different date and time. User will not pay additional shipping charges under these circumstances. The original shipping charge that user has been charged with will simply be split across the multiple packages when the order is charged.
Reasons for Shipment Delays:
If user’s order will be delayed for any reason, AlfaMall merchant will contact user directly via notification (SMS/Email or In-App). Following are some of the reasons why a delay might happen:
- Incorrect address has been entered in the shipping details when placing the order
- Personal details may need to be confirmed for fraud prevention if we are unable to verify the shipping destination. Sometimes AlfaMall will require personal detail verification before dispatching orders, and this may delay shipping
- Payment in advance is not yet verified via the system
- Financing Plans may require time for verification and approval
View & Track Orders:
Once user order is dispatched they receive an update from AlfaMall containing the tracking number/link. If user does not receive this update and would like to obtain the tracking number, user can login to the account and view their Order Details or contact-us using in-App service, call us on our helpline or email at [email protected]
Once user has the tracking number, they can track the parcel by clicking on the tracking link. As a standard please allow a maximum of 12 hours for the package to register in the system before attempting to track parcel.
Returns, Exchange & Refund Guidelines
- How to Return a Product?
- Returns Guideline
- Refunds Guidelines
- Complaint Resolution
Escrow Process: An assurance that the Merchant is only paid once the right product (as ordered) is delivered to the user. Hence if there is any issue with the order (incomplete/incorrect product) the user account will be credited with the amount of the order within 3-5 days, unless the product is to be returned + exchanged, then a separate process is executed
How to Request a Return or a Refund
- Sign in to your AlfaMall Account, select “My Orders”
- Select the order you wish to return and click on the "Manage Order" button
- Click on “Return Items”
- Fill in/Edit the Return Form & Choose Reason for Return. Some possible reasons in drop down option are:
- Item was damaged
- Item was defective
- Item Stopped working on Arrival
- Item(s)/accessories were missing
- Item as not as ordered
- Others: _______
- The available “Return Options” (pickup/drop-off) will be displayed in this form
- Details of product will be marked as return and be picked up by AlfaMall Merchant
- User must print the pre-paid returns labels and arrange collection
- Pack your parcel securely, with the product in the original and undamaged manufacturer's packaging as delivered to you and secure the Return Label on top of the return package.
- Either head to your nearest drop-off point from the list or wait for collection by the Merchant's pick-up service
- Please be aware that AlfaMall only process user refund once the item has been returned to and checked by our Merchant; this can take up to 10-14 days to refund your funds. Amount charged on account of shipment charges shall not be refunded in any case.
- On approval on the authenticity of the claim, AlfaMall will process user refund immediately and notify user via SMS / Email.
- User can also call the Bank Alfalah Call Center at (021) 111-225-111 and request a Refund
User can only return an unused item and in its original condition (as it was received by user) with proof within 3 days, and BAFL will give user an exchange or refund.
By original condition BAFL means:
- User has kept all original packaging & labels in good condition and the product can be resold at full price
- User has not used the product till date
- The product contains no personal data and isn’t registered by the user
- Where a product has been made to measure or personalized for user, unless faulty, AlfaMall will be unable to refund or offer an exchange
- Products which user has received over 3 days ago unless specified otherwise
Returns - Eligibility
Following products will not be eligible for return, exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):
- Products Parts/Accessory missing on check by user and not notified within 3 days
- Wrong item ordered mistakenly by user
- Products that have been unsealed (other than to inspect)
- Products without original packaging or where it’s been returned in poor condition
- Products that contain user personal data or have been manufacturer-registered
- Perishable goods such as food items (Fresh Fruits, Vegetables, etc.).
- Computer software vouchers that have been redeemed, or software that’s been opened
- Personalized for user products, or made to user specific measurements (specifically clothing)
- Products that have been opened or their protective seals removed and / or cannot be returned for hygiene reasons (unless faulty):
- Undergarments or swimwear, nighty dress or such type products
- Mattresses (unless indicated in a supplier promotion)
- Beauty and cosmetics related products
- Any personal care products (such as electric razors etc)
- Damaged or Seal broken on Product
- Item not Compatible
- Clearance Products/Last in Stock Products
- Gift Cards
Subject to above limitations, if user has receipt, AlfaMall will refund the original debit card, wallet, credit card or account used to get the product(s)
Return - Non-Perishable Items:
Any Accessories or Electronic items (other than damaged items received). For Electronics and Accessories there will be a 24 Hours checking & replacement warranty (depending on the Merchant [seller] item)
If user product develops a fault within 24 hours from the day of receiving, user must return with proof, whereby AlfaMall will exchange or refund it.
After 24 hours, if the product is reverted to official warranty, same shall be handed under the warranty to the service /warranty center of the manufacturer/merchant by the user for the respective Merchant (seller)
AlfaMall replacement guidelines are valid for the following situations/circumstances:
- In case user is delivered the wrong product
- In case the product delivered to user has some defective or issue
There are some specific exclusions from AlfaMall guidelines and BAFL disclaim any liability, obligations whatsoever in nature in this regard, as follows:
- Repair costs caused by external factors like viruses, faulty software, fire, theft, and weather
- Water damage, for example if user phone was dropped in the sink or the pool
- Image ghosting or screen burn. These can appear on a screen that's left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel constantly displaying a logo
- Pixel spots. These are tiny dark or bright spots that may become visible on a screen
- Digital television picture affected by any of the following: a misaligned or unsuitable aerial, climatic conditions, geographic location, poor quality or low strength broadcast signal
- Consumables such as batteries, ink cartridges, storage media, rear projection television bulbs, fuses, light bulbs etc.
- Battery-operated toys
- If product has been used commercially/ business purposes (with exception of computers)
- Data loss
- Cosmetic damage such as cabinet trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the price of the original item
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product; and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product
- Products with tampered or missing serial/UPC numbers
- Any damage/defect which are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the box, manufacturer's packaging if any, and all other items originally included with the product/s delivered;
Once we receive your claim, AlfaMall will wait for user product to arrive by a courier of your choice and payment, and AlfaMall merchant will exchange it for a product agreed upon.
Returns - Perishable Items:
For Groceries items, user are requested to check all the products quality and quantity at the time of delivery to avoid any inconvenience.
- Item must be in a saleable condition in its original, undamaged packaging and BAFL will consider the overall condition when making a refund or replacement
- Unopened products can be returned if found broken/damaged or expired within 3 days’ time
- BAFL will not refund or return a product after product’s been opened or unsealed
- Fresh Products i.e. fruits and vegetables cannot be returned once delivered
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on AlfaMall. However, there may be some cases where both the Users (Buyers) and Merchants (Sellers) may face issues. On the AlfaMall, there is a Complaint Resolution have a Complaint Resolution Process in order to resolve issues between Users and Merchants.
What is a 'complaint'?
A 'complaint' can be defined as a disagreement between a User (Buyer) and a Merchant (Seller) in connection with an order on AlfaMall.
How does a 'complaint' occur on the AlfaMall?
Complaints are filed as a result of a disagreement between the User and the Merchant. Complaint arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a User raises a complaint, they should attempt to solve the issue. It is to be noted, that whenever a User raises a “complaint” in a prescribed timeline, the payment is held back and be reversed as needed to the User account.
How is a 'Complaint/Dispute' created?
Whenever there is a disagreement, the User can write to [email protected], while the Merchant can write to [email protected] in order to raise a complaint. Complaint can be raised at a transaction level as well.
Complaints/Dispute via Chargeback
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes to AlfaMall, following situations may arise:
- Item not received Charge Back – User hasn't received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the Complaint Resolution Process
- Unauthorized Charge Back - User has not made the particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the BAFL’s Dispute Resolution Process
- Item not as described - item is not what User expected. Complaint will be decided in accordance with the Complaint Resolution Process
What are the various types of ‘Complaint’?
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
- Wrong item received
- Item Not as described
- Damaged or Seal broken on Product
- Part/Accessory missing
- Seller Merchant/Specification Wrong
- Defective (Functional issues)
- Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice
In case the Merchant rejects the return request of the User, and User raises a complaint, AlfaMall (Complaint Management Unit) will attempt to mediate and resolve the complaint between both the parties. If the complaint is resolved in favor of the User, a refund will be provided once the product is returned to the Merchant. If the complaint is settled in favor of the Merchant, User is not entitled to any refund.
User Protection Process
The User Protection Process covers Users who are unable to successfully resolve their complaint with the Merchant or are not satisfied the resolution provided by the Merchant. User can file a complaint within 15 days from the date of delivery of the product. Any damage or loss to the product 15 days after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the User’s responsibility.
In case of a complaint where the Merchant is unable to provide a refund or a replacement, BAFL Platform team will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
- Raising disputes against Merchant does not automatically entitle the User a refund or replacement for the product. BAFL team & CMU (Complaint Management Unit) shall verify complaints so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine
- The User will write to [email protected] / call the Call Center helpline with Order ID and Return ID or will create a Complaint Request that will be parked on the AlfaMall.
- AlfaMall Call Center team will look into the case to check for possible “Complaint/Issues” and if the User has been blacklisted/blocked on AlfaMall. Only after verifying these facts, a complaint will be taken forward.
- When a “complaint” has been raised, AlfaMall may provide both the parties access to each other’s point of contacts (on a very critical basis), contact details including email addresses and other details pertaining to the complaint, otherwise this is resolved via the AlfaMall Complaint Management Unit. Users and Merchants are subject to final consent from AlfaMall for settling the complaint for high level resolution.
- AlfaMall Complaint Management Unit will seek additional information and/or clarification from User to facilitate resolution of “Complaint”. In the event User does not respond with information / clarification sought within 5-7 days of such request, the complaint shall be auto-closed in favor of the User
- In due course of resolution, AlfaMall Complaint Management Unit will facilitate a session between the Merchant and the User
- Decisions made by AlfaMall/ BAFL under this Process shall be final and binding on Users and all parties
User understands that BAFL has the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Platform) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, BAFL can (and user hereby expressly authorize BAFL to) disclose any information about User to law enforcement or other government officials, as BAFL, in its sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury.
To display the most interesting content to you on our platform(s), BAFL will use data it holds about user’s favourite brands or products and so on. BAFL will do so on the basis of user consent to receive app platform and/or for BAFL platform to place cookies or similar technology on user device.
With user consent, BAFL will use user personal data, preferences and details of user transactions to keep user informed by email, web, text, telephone and through BAFL call center about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Step-by-Step (SBS) Installment Plan:
Credit Card Limit of customer will be blocked by the amount equal to the price of product. However, only Equal Monthly Installments (EMI) will be charged to the customer as per selected installment plan.
The orders remain valid until stock lasts with merchant.
EMI will only be applicable if payment mode is selected as Bank Alfalah Credit Card.
Installment billed to cardholders on cycle date shall be included in minimum payment by said cardholder.
If the cardholder pays less than the monthly minimum amount on the payment due date specified in the statement of account, the cardholder becomes liable to pay service fee/charges according to the terms and conditions.
In case, the cardholder decides to cancel his/her SBS, the cardholder shall be liable to pay the pre-closure penalty i.e. 5% of remaining loan amount or Rs. 1,000 (whichever is higher).
The Bank reserves the absolute right to accept/reject the request for conversion of the transaction to SBS.